Monday, June 4, 2007

Home



So I have finally gained access to the internet from my computer. It turned out that I had a little souvenier from Oberlin. Something from the server I had used there was messing up my computer. Now I have a much faster response which is great.


I got back to Denmark on the 30th of May. My travels were problem free except for the fact that I had to repack in Cleveland airport. My bags were a little over the allowed limit (I had as much overweight as I could possibly have). However I took out a pillow and a pair of shoes and all was fine. I carried them around in a a plastic bag in the airport and noone protested that I actually had three pieces of luggage with me.

I had to store my violins in a closed up front on the flight from Cleveland to Newark/New York. I got a bit nervous when it was announced that all the overhead bins were full. However the stewardess helped me out so it all worked out for the best.


In Neward I ran into Alfkil with whom I have studied in Oberlin (for those of you who do not know him). He was on his way back to Oberlin to sort out some stuff. Later I chatted with a guy who was on his way to Denmark for the World championships in weightlifting. He was kind enough to help me with my luggage once we arrived in Copenhagen! As can be seen in the picture I had three tjeckes-in bags and they were 50, 69, and 70 pounds (On top of that I sent home 50 pounds of books and another 20 pounds of stuff - and I still had to leave lots of things in Oberlin).
When I arrived in Copenhagen my mother was there with one of her friends. I stored all my stuff at the airport and went with my mother to her friends place to get some rest. Later we went on to Bornholm. We picked up all my stuff in the international terminal



Since then I have spent a lot of time unpacking. It is quite a feat to make it all fit. I also had many practical things to sort out and I have also started on my danish drivers lisence.
However I have also had time to play with the dogs and enjoy life a bit.

I have also had a few groups of tourists. It has ben a mixed bag experience wise. I really love interacting with the guests and telling them about the history of the island but there are unpleasent surprises once in a while - guess that is the conditions when you work with people.
I am now off to Copenhagen to play for a barouqe violin teacher there and visit friends. I am looking forward to that. When I get back I expect to being in my new job at a smokehouse. More about that in future entries.


No comments: