Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Copenhagen revisited


So I spent most of this past week in Copenhagen. I visited quite a few old friends which is always nice. Some I had not seen for almost a year so there was a lot to talk about and I thus had a couple of rather late nights. I also had the chance of meeting the new baroque violin teacher at my old school - The Royal Academy of Music. I had a great lesson with Sirkka-Liisa Kaakinen-Pilch and got some new ideas for my practising this summer. Time will show but I would like to take more lessons with her if I can.
I also had the chance to listen to the historical performance students at the Academy as they played their final exams. I am happy that I did not have to present two one hour programs in front of a panel of judges! It was great to hear the students. I turned out that I knew a few of them and they all played really well. It was quite an inspiration. After the exams there was a little reception in one of the classrooms. It was nice to have a chance to talk to people.
The week started out with wonderfull weather, but by the end of my stay it was pouring down all day!
The picture above is from the harbour where people can go swimming in the designed areas. One of my friends lives just two blogs away! Another option is to go the the beach which is 15-20 minutes bikeride from the city center.
I always enjoy going back to Copenhagen where I lived for several years. Maybe I will come back some day? Who knows...

No comments: