Sunday, January 13, 2008

Back to London


So I am now sitting in my room trying to write the first major assignment of the year. I have to finish it today but it will be fine by now.
I am very happy to be back in London. The first week of classes has been fun and invigorating. I had a fantastic lesson with my teacher Walter Reiter. It was one of those lessons where I turn up tired but totally forget that I am by the end of it. My academic classes were also exciting and things are getting quite busy with lots of performances planned for the spring semester. Indeed the first is comming up in little more than a week. We are performing core pieces from the 18th century orchestral repertoire at a lunchtime concert at Old Royal Naval College Chapel in Greenwich on Tuesday 22nd at 1pm. (It is really at 1.05 or some such but that is hard too remember.)
In other news I have moved rooms in the house where I live in Kentish Town. I still share a room but we now have more space which is really nice. It is also warmer since we have double windows! I am getting started on lots of new repertoire and things are looking good. I really hope I can keep this positive. It makes such a difference.

No comments: