Friday, January 4, 2008

3 month revisited

So I never got around to writing any more in 2007. I willtry to give a little survey of what I have been doing since I stoppd writing in October.
Early November at Trinity College of Music means "Greenwich Early Music Festival." I saw a chance to get a my first payed job at this occasion and I thus ushered for the entire 3 days of the festival - both for the instrument exhibition and for various concerts. I also performed in a concert in the Royal Naval Chapel with the other early music students... Pretty busy.

Trinity College is sometimes turned into a film set so one fine day we could see the following from our rehearsalroom...

The rest of the fall I was very focused on writing a thesis proposal which was part of my application for the DMus program at Royal College of Music. Right now I am waiting to hear from them. If they take me on I will be very happy but if not I have other things I can do - I can continue my studies at Trinity but I am also considering just taking private lessons and getting a part time job as a music teacher... Time will show.
My housemates were very kind in letting me use their computers at lot. I turned in the thesis proposal right before I left for Denmark for the holidays so there were some hectic times in December.

My travels home were rather uneventful and I was expecting to have a quite few weeks at home. Indeed my stay started out that way but...
One day I was reading a local paper where I learned that a production of New Years Concerts were being put on in Rønne (the biggest city on my home island). I called my old highschool music teacher to tell her that if they needed more violins I was around...
Turned out they did and the very next day I had a call from the conductor Mogens Dam. Right before christmas I got a big stack of music and peace was over.
I spent the rest of 2007 (from 26th and on) in rehearsal and performance and I must say it was a great initiative. The concerts took place in the old "electric plant" which is very beautiful but has been neclected. The team hehind the procution had transformed the space into a concerthall and built a stage and podiums for audiences.
Apart from the orchestra a choir, professional opera singers, local dancers (children, adults, folk), jugglers and dancers from the Royal Danish Ballet took part in this huge production. There were 4 concerts and all were close to sold out (the first two were). It was great fun.

Now I am getting ready to go back to London for another semester. It looks like I am going to be rather busy with lots of concerts and projects for classes I am taking.
I am also going to visit the U.S. (Oberlin and NY.) in early April about which I am excited and hopefull for the next term

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice Http://flashdate.dk