Monday, November 3, 2008

Snapshots of London life

So I finally invested in a device with which I can
transfer my pictures from my camera to my computer. Here follows then an update of my life in London so far this term.
I prepared for the term by sending over my spare violin case (picture to the left). I needed it in order to be able to cycle around town. Once I arrived in London I quickly invested in the lovely vehicle seen to the right (photo from before it got very worn). That investment has really payed off. I am saving money and I
actually quite enjoy cycling around town. True it can be slightly dangerous at times but I have leared to avoid the worst! My road to my new place of study - Royal College of Music -
takes me through Hyde Park which is an added bonus.
I played a few recitals i September with my two duos (Oberlin Duo and Due Corde). At this point we are taking some time to build repertoire and we will be back with more recitals next term. This is particularly the case with Due Corde (violin and cello) where much of the work is somewhat related to my research. I might ending up recording with Due Corde for my thesis submission.
I am truly enjoying the change the RCM. I was ready for more independent study. I am still getting used to the ways of the degree and sorting out basic practical issues such as how to organize notes, where to get sources and scores. I have also been attending a number of introductory seminars for first year Phd students and sometimes my brain is just too full of information - but I like that!
I have also had a chance to have some time off.
I took a trip to Cambridge to visit a friend and see the city. It was good getting out of London for a day and see something totally different. I might have a chance to go back for research but time will show.







No comments: