Tuesday, July 1, 2008

... from the sunshine

I am writing this from a room in my parents house where I am staying at the moment. The summer has been very promising so far. We have had almost constant sunshine and I have enjoyed having no specific agenda - I needed the break. My time has mainly been spent on a bit of practising, walking the dogs, doing bits of academic reading and drafting for the dissertation which I will begin studies for in September at the Royal College of Music, London. I have also started making promotion material for myself and my ensembles and I am working on some changes for my website - please tell me what you think.
Last week I also started working again (at a smoke house). I do not have that many hours though so I have lots of time to do what I have to do on the side. I have a solo recital on July 10, a private function in a few days - on the 14th I will travel to Luxembourg to join EUBO for the summer tour. I am looking forward to every aspect of the tour with the possible exception of the vey long bus-rides...
For now however I enjoy the piece and quiet of a small village. My parents and I went to the local Midsummer celebrations which attracted almost all the inhabitants of the village and people from the surrounding area as well. Midsummer happened to be on one of the few days where we had rough weather so I had to go home for a sweater. Once I was warm - and the fire under control we had a nice evening. The fact that event like this take place and that people get to know each other is very valuable in a small community - and it is a good place to rechrage the mental and physical batteries.

No comments: